MORE than 300 people attended a static protest against what they claim are high-levels of immigration in Boston.
The Boston Protest Group claimed the "peaceful demonstration" was aimed at highlighting the pressure put on local services by migrant workers.
Protest organiser Dean Everitt said he was pleased with the turnout: "It was a peaceful protest. There was no trouble at all. We even had a migrant worker in the crowd talking to the protestors. It was a really good atmosphere.
"We had a really good turnout of between 300 and 350 people.
"The council need to go back to the drawing board and rethink this."
Protestors held banners ranging from "Free Us From The Shackles of Europe" to "Get Back Our Country.
Mr Everitt is now planning another protest in Spalding after Christmas.
The protest march was planned for last year but was cancelled after the borough council agreed to set up a task force.
A report on population change was published as a result, but campaigners said it had not gone 'far enough' and the Government still needed to listen.
Boston and Skegness MP Mark Simmonds said: "Freedom of speech and the right to protest are important aspects of our society and culture. I am encouraged that Sunday's protest remained peaceful and that attendees were able to exercise their rights without hindrance."
The protest was organised after the publication of Boston Borough Council's report on population change
The Social Impact of Population Change report was approved at a meeting of the council on Monday.
It looks at issues surrounding migration in Boston.